Has it been three years already?
Well, now it’s over three years, but who’s counting?
Since the pandemic grounded travel to essential-only, I’m back in the States for the longest (continuous) amount of time since 2017.
The few years that I initially bought for this blog have run out, and I’ve renewed the page in an effort to continuing writing.
Because as I’m looking back on what I’ve got here, I realize I only managed to slap something together and post 20 or so times.
Sure, it’s not a numbers game, but boy do I have a bunch I’d like to share– ideas which have been bouncing around in my head that I want to get out.
I’m alright with the limited amount I shared. But now that winter’s setting in and it’s getting bleak, the closest thing to traveling could be writing about it.
Although the majority of my stuff on here is travel related, I think I’d like to get a bit more random–mix in some other goodies and continue to experiment with different types of writing and other ways of sharing stories.
Some plans for the future:
- All about Bogotá, Colombia
- More Colombia (Yo lo amo pues…)
- 10-day trip down the Ecuadorian coast
- A little bit of Quito
- Healthcare abroad
- Latin America: is it true love?
- Building a Spanish website
- Is Portuguese like Spanish?
- Interviewing friends who learned a second (or third) language
- Earthquakes in 3 countries (and how food poisoning predicts them, maybe)
- A theory on 2020 and why optometrists got a raw deal
- A two-sentence post on how 2050 is closer than 1990
- Can I learn to code?
- They’re doing comedy shows on rooftops now, did you know?
- Whacky podcasts
- What’s the future of work and travel?
- Pictures and other pretty things
- Less social media and more mi-día
- A shoutout to all my homies
- An ode to coffee
So although I never really left, in the words of the late great Jerry Stiller…